[Northkeep] solutions to Northkeep problems

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner burgborrendohl at valornet.com
Sat Mar 26 13:20:45 PDT 2011

Thank you Ivo, I was going to ask if the people in Calvary, Canada
laughed at anyone from the US calling themselves Northerners.

/*However*/, my suggestion was more a continuation of what we are
already referred to as "the Northern Region", but using the North Star
as a symbol was to me a matter of thinking of it as a navigational tool,
an inspiration, a sign of hope to the lost sailor, etc.  It is a star of
greater magnitude than most, a shining example.  But more importantly,
it would also be relatively simple to draw which I hope, no matter what
we decide on, will still be true.  With a straight edge even I can do a
version of the compass star.

Actually, I still like Quivarra for a name.  But so many people do
identify with the region's long held designation so I felt if we do
choose to go with it as a name let us please use the language of the
realm, English, and not whatever concoction "Nordsteorra" comes from.
Arthur gave only a few of my reasons for disliking that version.

As to colors, Damon Xanthus' made a very good case.

I do not know what our new brothers and sisters from the former Western
Region think and would welcome their opinion.  However, they have now
been joined to something called "the Northern Region".  I would like
them to feel a part of us, but am not sure how to express that in
symbolism, naming, etc.

Hoping I did not cause offense,

Ismet