[Northkeep] attributes ?

Pukhta 'Pooky' Lovtsevich pookyloves at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 18:02:26 PDT 2011

True Arthur and Everyone,
There are many features and qualities that are inherent to this and
any other place, but what makes this region different than anywhere
else, to me, is this Region is 'Home' and no other place on earth can
substitute The North of Ansteorra as my Home.

Even though it is I, putting this out there for consideration...

Please ruminate on the word "HEARTH":

My opinion is it works on multiple levels and in many ways.

Thanks,
Pooky

hearth
   [hahrth] Show IPA

–noun
1.
the floor of a fireplace, usually of stone, brick, etc., often
extending a short distance into a room.

2.
home; fireside: the joys of family and hearth.

3.
Metallurgy .
a.
the lower part of a blast furnace, cupola, etc., in which the molten
metal collects and from which it is tapped out.

b.
the part of an open hearth, reverberatory furnace, etc., upon which
the charge is placed and melted down or refined.

4.
a brazier or chafing dish for burning charcoal.

Origin:
before 900; Middle English herth ( e ), Old English he ( o ) rth;
cognate with German Herd, Dutch haard

—Synonyms
2.  household, abode, house.

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2011.
Cite This Source

Word Origin & History

hearth

O.E. heorð,  from W.Gmc. *kherthaz  "burning place" (cf. O.Fris.
herth,  M.Du. hert,  Ger. Herd  "floor, ground, fireplace"), from PIE
*ker-  "to singe, burn, glow" (see carbon).

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
Cite This Source

Hearth definition

 Heb. ah (Jer. 36:22, 23; R.V., "brazier"), meaning a large pot like a
brazier, a portable furnace in which fire was kept in the king's
winter apartment. Heb. kiyor (Zech. 12:6; R.V., "pan"), a fire-pan.
Heb. moqed (Ps. 102:3; R.V., "fire-brand"), properly a fagot. Heb.
yaqud (Isa. 30:14), a burning mass on a hearth.

Every moment within the SCA is a precious gift. A precious gift
wherein we might create the memories of every lifetime. Every lifetime
of happiness and joyful memories is The~Dream!