[Northkeep] OK, here is a Lenten question...maybe Talana?

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 08:28:29 PST 2011

Lent usually corresponds with the time when lambs and calves are dropping, so they'll take care of some of the dairy production.  For the surplus milk, you would be making cheese and butter, for later consumption or sale.  Abstaining from eggs means chicks hatch, replenishing your flocks.  And gathered eggs need not rot - there are methods for preserving them, such as dipping them in isinglass, or coating them with lard or wax.  Even kept in your refrigerator, eggs purchased fresh at the beginning of Lent will be usable at Easter.

In servicio,

Talana