[Northkeep] OK, here is a Lenten question...maybe Talana?

Tadhg ld_tadhg at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 10:36:01 PST 2011

Greetings,

It seems the assumption is that eggs were infertile as they are now. As Talana pointed out, ungathered eggs don't rot...they hatch.

Also, modern milking techniques were devised to maximize milk production. Generally, a cow will produce as much milk as it needs to feed a calf (or calves)...keep milking the cow after the is done and the cow keeps producing.

Aside from that, you need to note where and when you are discussing. Lent is a Christian practice and the level of vigil an individual kept depended on where and when...and whether your priest was a stickler for being observant.

Commerce didn't stop for Lent but eggs and milk aren't all there is to commerce.
Tadhg
...brick by brick
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T