[Northkeep] [Ansteorra] why bardic at feast?

Ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Thu Mar 24 20:00:12 PDT 2011

greetings

ahh but it is that very magic that is created when someone takes the time to
set up and participate in a bardic camp site, to let others know that they
are welcome to join in or just listen.
it also has the added bonus  of assuring that if someone is there, they want
to be there, that the performances and people are enough to keep them there.
but the big point is that everyone gets a chance to see their own version of
the dream. not be forced to see the dream of 1 or 2 people or go away .

I do know a couple blacksmiths, perhaps we can make some leg irons and
attach an old anvil , so that when we catch a wild musician, we can chain
him/ her behind a screen, and torture them with the wonderful aromas of food
, that everyone else gets to eat while they perform ; )

yes it takes many people working hard to make any event a success, the
bigger the event, the more workers, ( and in the sca,they are all doing that
work for free )so to tell them they don't matter and neither do their
opinions, is a very sure , very fast way to make sure you have no one
volunteering to do anything , except go to someone else's event.

luckily we are the " society for creative anachronism" and not a recreation
society, we can do things a little differently than was even done in the
fantasy world of Camelot, I for one am very happy not to be recreating rat
carried plagues, poisoning monarchs and nobles if we didn't agree with them,
or wanted their lands ,and drinking from the same water that everyone bathed
and relieved themselves in . and I really enjoy not sleeping in vermin
infested beds, or makeup on women that poisoned them, or drawing and
quartering as a form of public entertainment : (

you mentioned revels in your earlier post, has anyone thought of doing a
revel with a " feast " theme ??
or perhaps a bardic event with a feast ??

or at a bare minimum applied for autocrat at a local event ?
since the autocrats are the ones that do all the planning, and organizing,
and outside a very few people  ( crowns, landeds,or seneschals )
( or at marshal events the mic ) making requests to change something, they
are the final say on how an event is run from start to finish .

again just my opinions, your mileage may vary ; )

Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
Arthur