[Northkeep] Nordsteorra...sigh

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner burgborrendohl at valornet.com
Fri Mar 25 18:55:34 PDT 2011

Forgive my ignorance, both heraldic and scientific.  I like the idea of
the North being associated with the North Star.  My understanding is
that the "north star" changes astronomically and it has actually been
different stars at different times.  Rather than saying "Polaris", can
we not just refer to ourselves as the "North Star"?   Do we not always
point or show a good example no matter what time or actual star is
presently representing the position/ideal?  I must say , forgive me, I
do not like the term "Nordsteorra", however.  The Region of the Northern
Star, North Star (not Northshield), just about anything else, but
please, not Nordsteorra...

Ismet