[Northkeep] attributes ?

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner burgborrendohl at valornet.com
Wed Mar 30 07:32:05 PDT 2011

On 3/30/2011 8:09 AM, Ld.blackmoon wrote:
> so from your message , I would gather that it is ( depending on the
> situation ) our unity , or our ability to unite , in order to
> accomplish a goal, become stronger, and even just operate more smoothly .
More or less.  I think I was trying to convey that this is what we are
recognized for by other regions or the kingdom in general as a
distinction.  Your question was what makes us /unique/.  That was the
only thing I could come up with.  It's not that we don't have other good
qualities (talent, bravery, etc.) but this is what others say of us that
is exceptional.  I was surprised by the commentary because I assumed the
"SCA ideals (for lack of a better word)" would make that common
throughout the Knowne World, but I guess not.  And as you say, we don't
own the patent on cooperation and I'm sure it happens in Calontir, the
Southern Region and other places as well. This was just general
commentary made by several people (high ranking and knowledgeable
people), but it does not mean it is gospel.  It's our reputation.  And I
have seen examples here many times where strong personalities swallowed
their pride and cooperated to keep an event running smoothly and the
attendees were totally oblivious there had ever been a problem.

As Pooky pointed out the people of a region make it special and no
matter where you come from it's usually the people, not the geographical
location, you miss (though I can see missing Hawaii no matter who else
lives there :-) ).  Dorothy missed the people, most likely not the farm
in Kansas.

But how you sum that up in symbolism, a single phrase, name, etc. I
couldn't begin to guess.  The Marines have symbols for extreme self
sacrifice which we all recognize, but I feel their form of sacrifice far
outweighs anything most of us will ever do.

Ismet

(there's no place like home, there's no place like home)