[Northkeep] Venison Stew

Tina Michael tinabetta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:16:39 PDT 2011

Ian,

   That sounds really good as it is. The only suggestions I could think of
would be use a good hearty red wine, something you would actually drink.
Someone (possibly Justin Wilson) once said, if you wouldn't drink it, don't
cook with it. And use a good meaty mushroom like a portabella or crimini,
fresh not canned. Canned always has a tinny flavor.

Tina
good with stew
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Jerry Herring <j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> Last time I made venison stew I used red wine, garlic, rosemary and thyme
> along
> with a collection winter root vegetables (carrots, parsnips, potatoes, and
> onions) I am wanting to experiment a little before I do the final version
> for
> Winterkingdom. In doing some research I did happen upon one recipe that
> uses
> peeled chestnuts and wild mushrooms that sounded tasty. Do any of the
> wonderful
> cooks on this list have any helpful suggestions?
>
> Kindly
> Ian

Any day above ground is a good day!