[Northkeep] Memories

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner BurgBorrendohl at valornet.com
Fri Oct 7 04:41:48 PDT 2011

One of the coolest event activities I've ever witnessed was the great
way Chemin Noir said welcome to the new and goodbye and thank you to
their past champions at the last event I attended.  They didn't just
call them up.  They told a wonderful story in which each champion had a
part and as each name was spoken in the tale, the person either returned
or received the insignia of the office.

I also remember one of the first events that Chemin held where it turned
bitterly cold.  My lord and I had chosen to camp and spent the first
night shivering in our tent.  However, on the second night we joined
others who had put up cots in the great hall in front of the fires.  It
was a large slumber party, but I especially felt how medieval it
seemed--the long house with everyone around the fire pit or the
king/lord with all his servants sleeping around him.  The concept of
everyone having their own private bedroom wasn't that common in early
period.

But, of course, one of my most treasured memories would be the last
Twelfth Night the Shire of Northkeep held.  That is where my lord and I
were married.  And although as with most weddings there was stress and
troubles behind the scenes with family, etc. the video still looks like
a 'fairy tale' wedding. :-)

Ismet