[Northkeep] Model Releases

Scott Fridenberg fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 17:09:19 PDT 2011

Greetings Northkeep

 I am writing to ask for some help.  If you are on this list then you should
be aware that Lady Zubeyduh has been creating pages for individuals on the
Ansteorra History Wiki.  This is exactly the kind of thing that I had
envisioned the wiki being used for when I set it up, and I wanted to thank
her for doing this.  On most of these pages she has included a photograph of
the person.  I think the pages are better for having the photos.  However
recent changes in the rules handed down from Corporate require that we have
Model Releases for any photos on an SCA server except for group photos in a
public setting.  These Releases would not have been required a few months
ago, but they are required now.  I'm not very happy about it but I am
obligated to follow the rules whether I agree with them or not.

I am asking everyone who has an entry or is wanting to have one to please
take a few moments to  fill out and email me a Model Release.  We now have
releases that can be electronically filled out and signed and emailed.  You
can get the release here:

http://chronicler.ansteorra.org/ReleaseModelFillable.pdf

Please download the form and open it in Adobe Reader, then fill it out and
create a digital signature.  Save the file, (please change the name of the
file to include your mundane last name, so that I will be able to find it if
I need to), Then email me and include the release as an attachment.  Please
send the Email to  historian at chronicler.ansteorra.org

You can also download and print the waiver from :
http://www.ansteorra.org/publications/forms/ReleaseModel.pdf  and hand them
to Zubeyduh and we will work out how to get them to me, however using the
electronic form will make things easier.

I want to emphasize  that  Zubeyduh did not do anything wrong here, she was
using the site in exactly the way that I had intended when it was setup,
it's just that the rules were changed on us and she hadn't been told.

 I am not going to start taking photos down right away unless I am
instructed to do so.  I want to give people a chance to send in the waivers
first, but soon I will have to start removing photos for which I do not have
a release.  I really hate to do that,  I don't like to have to undo work
that people have been kind enough to do.   So if you can please fill out and
send be a waiver I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Robert Fitzmorgan
Kingdom Historian
Historian Web Minister

--
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we
do not dare that they are difficult.

Fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Historian at chronicler.ansteorra.org