[Northkeep] Grub and Garb

Jerry Herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 20 06:29:51 PDT 2011

Greetings unto Northkeep her Canton of Chemin Noire and all those friends and
family listening in from afar,

On Tuesday October the 25th a renewed effort starts for Northkeep's gathering
known as Grub and Garb. I would encourage everyone both here in our Barony and
those friends and neighbors so inclined bring some food to share participating
and

partaking in the camaraderie and community. The Grub and Garb is a time and
place for all of Northkeep old and new to dress up in our SCA attire and then
come together and bond. Grub and Garb is a place for us to immerse new people
into the proper attire and etiquette of our society. Grub and Garb is a place
where the long tradition of Hospitality in Northkeep can be seen and felt and
heard.  Grub and Garb is a place to enjoy the endeavors of the abundance of
diversity that exists here. If you are a musician and feel like entertaining in
the background being your instruments. If you are an artisan bring your latest
project to work on and discuss your art with others. If you are an archer bring
your arrows for fletching and bows for restringing. If you are a Fighter or want
to be come to train with some of the mightest warriors in the Kingdom.

If you are a cook even if you don't consider your self a good cook do not worry
any attempt at food that is made with pride and care offered to share is most
welcomed. The point is this is a place for everyone to come and share and for
each of us to contribute a portion of who and what you are and what you do to
enrich the whole.

Lets all do what we can to help this next Grub and Garb restart a trend of
wonderful evenings renewing this monthly tradition so that it will be a
gathering that is both fun and memorable.

Kindly
Ian