[Northkeep] An observation, of a local discussion, I would like others opinions on

Ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Wed Oct 5 19:51:38 PDT 2011

greetings

hate to disagree here, but   .

>Needle workers guild is for needle working
Scribal guild meeting are for Scribal
Archery practice is for Archery
and when we had dance practice, it was for practicing dance
 Any of these other meetings could accommodate grub and garb, gaming
or groups of like minded individuals sitting and doing what ever it is that
makes them like minded
but NOT fighting
Fighting is a very specific activity, that takes a specific type of
location, set of safety rules, and most importantly, mind set of the
individuals.
to clutter our space with your...whatever...detracts from what we are there
for.<

any of the listed " meetings" has it's own special requirements and you
could only " accommodate " the extra activities , in much the same way that
fighter practice currently does, by placing them in unused areas around the
" meeting "  you could no more have g/g on the archery range or in the
middle of scribal than you could have it in the middle of fighter practice.

end of disagreement ::

              :  beginning of personal opinion ::
( sorry , could no longer resist : /  )
the fighters chose to contract for the practice space in trade for cleaning
services. if the fighters now believe that their " mindset " is being
damaged by other people being there distracting them. then by rights , using
fighter practice as a social gathering place for the barony should end .
then the fighters wouldn't be distracted, nor cluttered, their mindset would
be protected ,  and they could clean in peace.
but watching the gatherings after officers/ populace/practices, I would
suggest that perhaps the barony might wish to start looking for
opportunities to have social interaction ......   say..... maybe a return of
revels ??? open revels , where anyone can come , not private parties called
revels ,  lots of revels ? scheduled in the saga calendar ?  with different
themes ??
maybe a " I just got off work and I'm dressed funny " revel ? or a  " bake
off" revel ? or a " cook off " revel ? or a period recipe / method revel,
perhaps even a regularly scheduled " gaming night"  or a gaming revel, where
interested parties could learn about a game, or even join in ??
 I know its getting on towards colder weather, so many of these ideas may be
better started in the spring , the point is , a " social " gathering  , just
to be social .
many of us have financial restrictions, or health restrictions,or even time
restrictions, but we all seem to want to spend quality time with our sca
families.
unfortunately since the fighters moved into the nice climate controlled
practice area, many activities have been scheduled to take advantage of the
climate controlled space, and just as I spend extra hours picking up trash
and cigarette butts from the ranges and site after events , the fighters
spend lots of time cleaning up after people they feel are taking advantage
of them.

anyway as I said, just my opinion
your cow may chew gum ; )

Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
Arthur

Needle workers guild is for needle working

Scribal guild meeting are for Scribal
Archery practice is for Archery
and when we had dance practice, it was for practicing dance

Any of these other meetings could accomodate
grub and garb
gaming
or groups of like minded individules sitting and doing what ever it is that
makes them like minded

but NOT fighting
Fighting is a very specific activity, that takes a specific type of
location, set of safety rules, and most importantly, mind set of the
individuls.

to clutter our space with your...whatever...detracts from what we are there
for.

Fighting would not be welcomed at any other type of venue, what makes your
activity defacto welcome at our venue.

our location, thats what.

our location is great. Cool in the summer, warm in the winter, and dry all
the time.

Solely by the greatness of our location, do we have to suffer what ever
burden is deemed we must bare.

This reminds me of an Old Mongol Fable
Your Grazing lands are much greener than Ours,
So By The Right of "The Good of the Many"
We decide, We may all now graze on the lands that you developed.

A few of us may help you tend you fields, if it suites our desires,
but you may not be upset if we leave your land in disrepair.
We expect you to carry the majority of the burder. It is, after all, your
land.

If you protest, then we will make you sign a list stating what labor you
will perform,
before we will let you graze your herds on your land,
because that will be the most fair for us all...

Angus MacKnochard Bagadur
ANDA GDH
KSCA
CSS LXVIII,