[Northkeep] Revel Question

Kevinkeary kevinkeary at aol.com
Thu Oct 20 12:28:45 PDT 2011

The wearer of a red cloak is someone who doesn't want (or whose parents do not want her to have) the attention of wolves. But that's an unadorned red cloak, usually hooded, not one with a brawny golden eagle on it, and the wearer is usually a young girl, not a buff warrior.

It's an old tradition, from the days the bikers, hippies and fantasy fans were creating the SCA. I doubt it was even considered when the Centurion cloaks were being designed, and I for one have never heard a single joke, disparaging or humorous or otherwise, tying the two cloak types together. (And you'd think if anyone remembered the old red cloaks there would have been some such made.) I don't think it's an issue.

And nobody will suspect you or the other Centurions in attendance of being delicate, innocent, virginal or shy and retiring. Or even prudish. <#;{D

Kevin