[Northkeep] Question about the Saga and a suggestion

Catherine Lackey catanlac at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 23:56:38 PDT 2011

    I bet it's all these reasons.  People think nothing of writing multipage emails on all kinds of topics, but come to the idea of writing anything for a written publication and they freeze up.  They immediately think nothing they write could be good enough.  Also they are unsure what length a submission should be (one paragraph? one page?).  And it's just so easy to not do, one can always find reasons not to do things.  And the release bureacratic crap requirements, like we see in the Wiki model release thing, are so annoying.  I guess that is the result of our litigious age we live in, that nobody dares do anything without a ton of documents to satisfy some bunch of lawyers who insist on that kind of thing.  You see it everywhere; CYA is the default setting for any activity, and what is does is help strangle the creative impulse in all walks of life.
    I hope that people despite all that will be emboldened to try their hand at writing for the Saga or whatever.  I hope to try.  On the bardic challenge, must the submission be new?  I haven't written anything new in a while, but I have several old pieces I would be willing to submit if they are wanted.

                                                                                                               Catrin