[Northkeep] Is there any interest in starting an Herbal Guild?

Kevinkeary at aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Sun Oct 23 17:18:25 PDT 2011

This is just a thought which came to me after reading the posts about
yesterday's revel and thinking about a lot of the discussions I heard going  on.
 We might consider starting an herbal guild here in Northkeep.  It  will
need some thinking and planning but I would be quite happy if we had one as
herbs are one of the things that drew me deep into the SCA and something I
have  shared with many great friends among the SCA.

How much interest would there be in starting an herbal guild that perhaps
met once a month to discuss raising, harvesting, preserving using and the
medieval uses of herbs?  In the spring we could possibly do trips to the
local herbfests to find or learn about different herbs, even trading seeds and
starts with each other.

It's just something I thought of and want some feed back on so that we can
decide if this is a good idea or if we just need to leave a few of us to
hang  out and work together.

In service to Barony and Kingdom
Keigan
Baroness

In a message dated 10/23/2011 4:38:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time,