[Northkeep] Revel Hot Dogs

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 21 09:13:40 PDT 2011

Oh, cool!  That's a variation I haven't had.  The one I learned has pretty much the same ingredients, but uses larger eggplants, split lengthwise and roasted till soft.  The stuffing is pretty much the same, but uses a can of diced tomatoes instead of juice and adds a tablespoon of dried mint.  You scoop the roasted eggplant out of the shell, chop it and mix it with the meat mixture, then stuff the shells with it and serve on a bed of rice.

If you haven't tried it, you should.

Talana
Eggplant lover - I mean, how can you not love a vegetable that's mostly purple?