[Northkeep] tree for Philbrook

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Fri Oct 28 15:39:14 PDT 2011

The tree is coming together and looking lovely.
I still need ornaments. I found out from the person doing this at Philbrook that we can use store bought ornament. If you have any Tudor looking ornament that you would be willing to spare please bring them to Populace or fighter practice. You can call me and we can make arrangements.
The colors we are using are primary the red and white of the Tudor rose,with a some green and a dash of blue. We also have silver, gold and copper.
 I will be adding little miniature of people from that period. I need frames,please..
Things that might be nice.
fake ginger bread. We cannot have food items.
The Tudor period was very big on ginger bread and during Queen Elizabeth reign she had her cooks make ginger bread people who looked like her courtiers.
fake cookies with design on them  There are dough clay recipes out on the net and that kind of thing might be nice for young people. If you decide to do something like that I have some cookie presses that be fun.
Renaissance art or angels. we are looking for things the size of a normal big christmas ornamernt or the size of your hand.
Any art form that was used in the Tudor period. I think that covers all of the art forms.
Any art form that we do in the SCA.
We need hands to finish the balls. the balls need to have spangles and pearls put on. . We also need people to do embossing / rubbings of Henry vii and to paint and put cloves into cartapesta oranges. (paper mache). We also need some help decorating pine cones.
We need glue and jewels of any kind. The tree needs some bling so I thought we might be able to    make some dangling ornament or take our tassels and put something on them to make  the tree look rich.
I am afraid I was wrong about groups getting an invite to the posh-posh party to open the festival of tree. We have to pay our way in to see our tree but it is for a good clause.'
The Philbrook gets most of its running on fund raisers like the Festival of Trees.
willow

I will be working at fighter Practice