[Northkeep] group meetings of any variety

jon.d.eppler at gmail.com jon.d.eppler at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 10:03:13 PDT 2011

Well said Arthur.  I like the SCA for its totality not its parts.  I too miss the welcoming and chivalric culture I found here 22 years ago.  What we do not need is a further fracturing of the group.  Advancement is important but when an activity is only valued for advancement or a war point it risks us falling short of our whole.  I admire how well the armored practice has taken off and that it is the strongest in the region.  I just think we have room for the older ways of the group to continue.  The idea of signing up to clean something before leaving is good for those of us who due to family or work circumstance simply cannot be there every time at the end to do it.  Solutions matter far more than the attitude of "my way or the highway" that has been prevalent.  If the terms of second class participation bear equal weight in effort, more consideration should go to the whole.  Heavy is important but it is not the sum total of our martial culture or our group as a whole.

Herr Johann von Aue
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T