[Northkeep] Demo Request

Montega montega at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 21:03:53 PDT 2011

If anyone can coordinate a demo here is the forwarded email....

I would like to request help from you in arranging a demo for my childrens'
homeschool group. I hope I'm not asking too far in advance, but I wanted to
give you time to find people who might want to be involved, and also give
them time to plan the demo around their other activities. We would like two
heavy fighters to come to the school on Friday, October 28, and we'd prefer
them to be there between 1:00 and 2:00 PM, but if that time doesn't work for
anyone, they could come any time between 10:30 AM and 1:30 PM. We would need
them to begin the demo no later than 1:30.

We would like the fighters to do two things for us:
1) Come with their armor and show it to the children, possibly letting them
pass it around or try it on, while one of the teachers makes a speech. We
are a Christian school, so the speech would be about Bible verses that
mention a suit of armor. The pieces the fighters would need to bring that
will be mentioned in the speech are: 1) helmet, 2) fighting jacket or
doublet (a tabard would also work), 3) sword (or rattan stick), 4) shield,
5) belt (any kind; doesn't have to be a knight's belt), and 6) shoes. We
will not push our faith on anyone involved in the demo, but since I know the
SCA has people of many faiths and some who don't identify with any faith, I
wanted to let you know about the speech so you can tell the fighters who
might come, in case any of them aren't comfortable with hearing it.
2) Put on a small fight for the children. This is why we're requesting two
fighters to come, but if only one can make it, we would still like to have
that one fighter come alone.

The school is held at Holy Apostles Orthodox Church, 15710 S. Peoria Ave,
Bixby, OK (near the corner or 151st and Peoria in Bixby, near Glenpool., and
close to Highway 75 South.) If you're able to help us in arranging this
demo, please email Christy Arrington, who is in charge of our group. Her
email is:
christymich at att.net. She can arrange all the details with you and give you
directions, if needed.