[Northkeep] Dionadair and Ensign Tourney Information

Tamara Britton zeurburt2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 22:06:55 PDT 2011

The Dionadair/Ensign
Tourney is this Saturday, Sept. 10th at Chandler Park.

The tournaments are scheduled to begin at 10am, but
we would like to set up at 9am. We just need a volunteer to take the trailer
out to the park, volunteers to put up a couple of the smaller pavilions and the
list rope, and of course volunteers for teardown and to return the trailer to
Keigan’s house. There will be plenty of room for people to bring their pop ups
if they want as well. We will have signs posted around the park to direct you
to where we plan to set up. We had such a lovely shaded place last year that we
have decided to go back there.

Additionally, this will be a demo for onlookers and
visitors. This is an excellent time for us to reach out to the public, so come
in your nice garb. The weather is going to be great so after the tournament we
should be in a great situation for as much fighting as we want. It’s also a
good time to learn about field heraldry and list mastery (list mistressy?) in a
low-pressure setting.

Following the Tourney and subsequent fighting (pick-ups)
will be a cookout, and the Barony is providing hotdogs, hamburgers and buns. Sarran
is bringing his gas grill, and everyone else should bring a side dish or
something to go with the hotdogs and burgers.  Condiments and plates are a good start for those who don’t have time or
want to cook. Be sure to bring something to drink. If you have extra tables or
a pavilion, we could probably use some specifically to shade the food and offer
sitting for those who wish to eat.

The baronial stuff will have to be taken down in
time for the trailer to leave the park on that volunteer’s schedule, but
definitely before 11. The park is locked up at 11, and we will all have to be
gone before then. So, come out and enjoy the tournament, spend time with
friends, and join us for a cookout. The weather is going to be perfect.

Dervilia