[Northkeep] Important Days in history

Jerry Herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 27 07:48:11 PDT 2011

Without disputing anyone's details the sources I looked up said that the Battle
of Stamford Bridge occurred on September the 25th and Duke William landed at
Pevensey on the 27th. I am not saying my sources are any more accurate than any
other. Going through a whole citing of research here might only muddy the
waters. I think for my part that I will simply say that sources are available to
argue the exact dates of the landing, and that it was good fun for people to try
and guess what the importance of the dates were. I do hope people enjoyed trying
the guessing?

Kindly
Ian