[Northkeep] Sad tidings in Science Fiction

Kathryn Helstrom kiamichikate at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 09:12:37 PDT 2012

What a loss!  I have taken three classes from her.  She was one of my most
beloved teachers.  She was the one who told me that it was okay to write
without a plan; she always did.  When her publishers insisted that she
provide them with an outline of her book before it was done, she just wrote
them an outline and then never followed it.  Truly a gifted organic writer.
 It just came to her as her fingers moved across the keyboard.  Her
characters told the story, she said, not her.

Franziska

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Jennifer Carlson <talana1 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Some of you may know K.D. Wentworth, Tulsan and author of numerous novels
> and short stories, including "Black on Black" and "Moonspeaker." She also
> co-authored with Eric Flint on the "Empire" series.  She passed away
> yesterday evening after a brief battle with pneumonia.  She was 61.
>
> Talana

Remember this: that there is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed
in the performance of every act of life.  --Marcus Aurelius