[Northkeep] Info from our Facebook page

Melissa Long Blevins hlecalais at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 13 14:49:10 PDT 2012

The Shire of Smythkepe (Ft Smith, AR) has been approached about doing a
Demo at Konsplosion, a sci-fi/fantasy/gaming convention, the weekend of
August 17-19 at the Holiday Inn Convention Center in Ft Smith.
Unfortunately, this conflicts with Cooks Collegium in Small Gray Bear,
so we're a little nervous (just a little) about having enough folks to
pull this off.
The local LARP group canceled, so we have been
offered their room (INDOOR FIGHTING!). We will also be provided tables
for A&S displays and just about anything else we want (well, OK,
fire dancing may be out)
I will be manning the room myself
(hopefully with help from others) from  10am to 6pm both Saturday and
Sunday, and 2-6 on Friday.
But we are putting out a call to all our friends and neighbors to can come out and help, be it He
avy Weapons Fighters, Rapier combatants, Bards, or simply people to come in their best garb and look fabulous (you know who you are !)...and of
course talk about the SCA. :)
Even if you can only come out for one
day, that would be a great help. If you can help both Saturday and
Sunday, that would be wonderful.  Several of our Shire members have also
 volunteered to provide Crash Space if needed.

The Con organizers have said they we will NOT be charged for admission.

We would love to turn this into a mini-event and something we can build upon for future Cons.

Sounds like fun, right? (RIGHT???!) So, please, come join us.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me on Facebook or via e-mail ( thledrei (at) gmail.com ).

Hope to see you!

THL Edrei the Quiet
Smythkepe Hospitaller