[Northkeep] Using coupons at JoAnn's

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 13:18:19 PDT 2012

If you have a smart phone, download the JoAnn's app.  And the Michael's, and the Hobby Lobby apps as well.

My one grump about JoAnn's coupons - if an item is on sale, you cannot substitute a coupon price for the sale price.  If a fabric is on sale for 30% off and you have a coupon for 60% one item or cut of fabric, you will only be allowed to purchase that fabric for 30% off.  I've been round and round with them about it, but they won't budge.  You have to wait until the sale is over before you can use a coupon on that item - and often the sale and the coupon run concurrently.

Therefore:  always ask BEFORE the clerk cuts the cloth to check to see if it is on sale.  Sometimes fabric is misshelved, and sometimes the sale sign has disappeared.

That said, the coupons are great, you can reload them after you use them.  Sign up for their email flyers, too.  Between your phone, your email, the flyers you get via US mail, the occasional flyers in the newspaper, and the stacks of flyers just inside the door at JoAnn's, if you make a purchase without a coupon, it's your own fault.

Also, Hancock's now accepts competitor's coupons!

Talana
Who won't pay full price for fabric if she can possibly help it