[Northkeep] calendar ?

Ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Fri Dec 7 13:13:51 PST 2012

greetings

okies , the calendar shows g/g on the 19th, and a " regular" fp on the 26th of dec.  ( not to mention pop on new years eve ; )

but I don't know how accurate the calendar is , since there isn't a pop in dec.
if indeed there is a fp on the 26th of dec.
would it be possible to perhaps hold a " boxing day " type event in conjunction with it ??
where people could bring " sca " things that they no longer need or use ( or no longer wear / clothing / armor ) etc. to GIVE to those less fortunate ( or NEW ) members ??
( no those items probably won't be new, may leak, be funky colors, etc. but they are free and they are a place to start, until the people can afford , or have time to go get exactly what they want ; )

this is the Yule season , and although we help our sca family members as we can, and as they need ,throughout the year( mundanely as well as in the society ),
 this is a time when it is easiest to get tied up in our own issues as we juggle holidays, relatives,work, school, and life in general.
many of our newbies ( as well as our dino's ; ) , may not know how much they mean to the group as a whole.
unfortunately , the 21st is on a work / school day , so I didn't figure I could get a " welcome the apocalypse /  end of the world " revel to fly on Thursday night : /
anyway , just in case the ancient gods are returning on the 21st , I wanted to tell you all , each and every one of you make a difference , each of you are important to the barony, and I hope you have a merry Christmas and happy New Year = )

Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
Arthur