[Northkeep] the "newbie" name

Rebecca Minton rebeccaj_bragg at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 13:51:36 PST 2012

I never knew that newbie was in any way considered a derogatory term when it was applied to novice Scadians. In GA, it is actually the opposite. The shire we were originally a part of holds a yearly event called "Newbie Collegium" which was very much like Winter kingdom, but all of the classes are tailored for beginners, and designed to introduce newcomers to the society. I know that in many ways, each kingdom within the society has its own culture which sets it apart from the others, and Robert and I are still learning what it means to be Ansteorran. I certainly hope that we have not offended anyone here because of that, and we will endeavor to restrict our use of that term here.
   Sorry, and thanks for the heads up.
       Rebecca