[Northkeep] Cub Scout Demo

Jerry at Work jherring68 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 09:11:11 PST 2012

There are groups all over the kingdom that do demo's and have great success
with them. Like has been said apparently we just do things a little
differently here. More than once at a red tape meeting I have heard other
groups complain about a problem and I have heard a solution offered as to
what works for us here in Northkeep and that is shot down with a reply of
that sort of thing only works in the North or that may work for you but ti
would not for us. If I may I think I can offer some observations as to why
that is. Here in Northkeep our Peers are actively involved in the Barony at
every level, that is not to say that Peers in other groups are not involved
but here our's work hand in hand with the populace on almost every project.
Also here in Northkeep our Nobility takes a hands on approach to any
project rolling up their sleeves and working just as hard as everyone else
to make this happen, I know other Nobility that do this too. Here in
Northkeep there is no exclusivity anyone can speak to and hang out with
anyone else and we all in general get along there may be some cliques and
social circles but socially in general they do not shun or exclude any
other person. Our Barony a long long time ago learned how detrimental in
fighting and the effects of exclusive cliques could be. Northkeep worked
hard to repair the damage we suffered decades ago and since then we have
striven to keep any harmful antisocial aspects out of our rather social
group.

Northkeep does not do recruitment demos we do educational and promotional
demos that end up allowing individuals who have an interest in medieval
recreation and reenactment to find us. There are a lot of people who come
to Northkeep from our library demo's or cub-scout demo's they may not come
to us today but they youth's group up and we helped them find that dream of
becoming a knight or a fair damsel and make it real. If you want to see
Northkeep at its best come attend one of our demos, or our events when we
all join together to accomplish a goal or task. This Barony works together
very well we all do our part and when some one new comes along we quickly
indoctrinate them into the many hands make light work aspect of life
here...and I think that is why we work. Northkeep is a community of good
people doing what they love together and doing regardless of their station
or their responsibilities.

Kindly
Ian