[Northkeep] newbies tonight

Etienne de St. Amaranth st.amaranth at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 10:05:43 PST 2012

The rules allowed a made up place name if I could establish the period pattern.  There are lots of places named after saints in France.  And Saint Amaranth (or Saint Amarandus / Amaranthus / Amaranthe) was martyred in France in the third century.  (I finally found a book that validated that at a merchant's booth at Estrella of all places. )  Admittedly martyred in Albi down south, but it was still successfully arguable and plausible.  Name was registered on the first try.

Arms however took longer.  They were not fully registered until after I stepped down as Star Principal Herald.

Diarmaid, as for Mademoiselle St. Amaranth and Robespierre, that is post period and *I* certainly don't hold it against my name.  But you can keep calling me Hiiam if it makes you feel better.  ;-)

Respectfully,

Maitre Etienne de Saint Amaranth
once known, and to some forever known, as Hiiam from Northkeep