[Northkeep] Cub Scout Demo

Kathryn Helstrom kiamichikate at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 08:14:39 PST 2012

Not having been in the SCA for decades, as many of you have, I am still
learning about other kingdoms and baronies.  As I see what others are
doing, I have begun to realize what an exceptional barony we have, and that
we are DOING more than most.

Northkeep DOES!  I see that we are the standard that others aspire to,
which places great responsibility upon our shoulders not only to maintain
the excellence that is associated with our name, but to help others achieve
greatness as well.

I am honored to be associated with such noble folks!

Sincerely,
Franziska

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Montega <montega at gmail.com> wrote:

> Cub Scout Pack 778 has invited us to do a demo for their annual banquet
> Saturday FEB 9th from 6-8. They have decided on a medieval theme.
>  We have done a scout demo before and it was awesome! I need all those
> interested to please plan and let me know. Last time we had a lot of
> fighters for the kids and they loved it. This is in February so we have
> some planning time.
>

> By the way, I was involved in a discussion this weekend where the topic
> turned to baronies not doing demos. I of course piped right up to say
> "Ummm... NORTHKEEP does!" and the response was "Well, Northkeep isn't the
> average barony." You're darned right we aren't! We are awesome!
>
> Thanks guys!
>
> Montega

Remember this: that there is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed
in the performance of every act of life.  --Marcus Aurelius