[Northkeep] newbies tonight

Ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Wed Dec 5 09:29:12 PST 2012

greetings

although nubie has been used for at least 30 years without people being
offended,( and in defense of the term , it sounds like someone new to be
excited about  = ),
 if we have to be politicly correct , i believe that " initiate " makes it
sound like we have something to hide that they can only learn by becoming a
higher level player , ( like ,say, a peer ) ,
and " novice " sounds like someone of so little importance that they can be
ignored or made to do menial labor ,
" friend " can make it sound like we are a cult ( hello " friend " we know
you will like it here )
so i would have to vote for " guest " since the term has a tendancy to
remind people to mind their manners and doesn't bring to mind any possible
bad connotations : )

just my 2 centavo's
Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
Arthur