[Northkeep] Cicily's Thistle Award

Shirley Hackworth slhack at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 12 10:01:54 PST 2012

Greetings,

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations and lovely complements (what lady
doesn't like complements :)).

I was thrilled with both of the awards (and a little embarrassed).  For
those who missed it, I received the l'Esprit de la tour noir as well.  After
receiving the l'Esprit de la tour noir I attempted to rise and Baron Facon
asked me whether I wanted to do that, but I was a bit befuddled and rose and
turned to leave ....

Actually I left the baronial presence rather quickly and was half way back
down the isle to my seat in the last row when I heard a commanding voice
remark that I had not been dismissed!  It was quite entertaining :).

After it was all said and done my son Torin remarked that we wasn't
listening to any more of my advice about protocol.

Thanks also to the artisans who made the regalia and scrolls.  They are all
beautiful.

VIS

Cicily