[Northkeep] Routes To Gulf

Chuck Kaun jack_a_lope31 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 28 05:29:19 PST 2012

I have driven both ways and from McAlester, the fastest route is neither.  Kilgore/longview route is out of your way.  You will save at least a half hour of time if you switch from 271 to HWY 49 South at Paris, TX.  Follow that until you hit HWY 59 South just north of Marshall, TX and take that about 20 miles down to I-20.

There are still some small towns but not as many and the traffic is usually a bit lighter than the Kilgore route.  Most of the route is still at 70 mph speed limit.

Karl Thorgeirsson