[Northkeep] Winterkingdom

Kathryn Helstrom kiamichikate at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 09:56:59 PST 2012

About those brandied pears...while packaging them up last night, something
went terribly wrong and, well, to avoid a long and sordid story, I had to
throw them all away.  I will be bringing bread(s) of some sort, instead.

Franziska

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 10:20 AM, <steldr at cox.net> wrote:

> The alcohol in the soups is fine.  It pretty well cooks out, yes, not all
> the way, but mostly.  But the brandied pears that Franziska is bringing for
> the bake sale, and the alcohol flavored yumminess that Zubeydah is
> bringing, we would ask that people consume those off site.  This is a
> church, after all.  We are just acceding to their wishes.
>
> Mercedes
>
> ---- "Ld.blackmoon" <ld.blackmoon at cox.net> wrote:
> > greetings
> >
> > I would think it would depend on weather there was still alcohol in it
> after
> > cooking.
> > brandied cherries, still have alcohol in and around them, beer brisket ,
> the
> > alcohol all evaporates, leaving the other ingredients to flavor the food.
> > same with the red wine in both Ian's stew, and my French onion soups (
> the
> > alcohol evaporates in the cooking process )
> > but some places are so picky that if you were to cook lamb in extra
> virgin
> > olive oil , but took to the event in a box marked " vodka " the dish
> > wouldn't be allowed because they would feel it had been too closely
> > connected to the alcohol .... different churches, different rules..
> probably
> > best to contact an autocrat and ask ...
> >
> > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
> > Arthur

Remember this: that there is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed
in the performance of every act of life.  --Marcus Aurelius