[Northkeep] Period Geographical References?

Preston Selby diresquire at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 08:37:20 PDT 2012

Dear List,

This is Eskel of Chemin Noir. We CN brats are trying to develops the specifics of our personae. To this end, I am wondering if anyone can point us towards specific resources. such as Land-roles, censuses and maps from period perhaps?

For instance, I am an English Norman, from the late 1000's, Trying to determine where in England I would have been from, and what sort of people my allies and relations might have been. If there were some sort of social gazette at the time, that would be just about what I need. Best lead I have so far is to look into the Domesday book.

Also, there are some early Irish personae who could use similar resources. Maybe Caesar's memoirs?
Can anyone point me in a good direction?

Many Thanks
Ld. Eskel Somereid
Chemin Noir