[Northkeep] Chainmail

Michael Coone felemid.macphail at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 06:33:17 PDT 2012

cheepest way to get rings is make them .... i make my own ......all you
need is  .... 9 in bolt cutters and spoils from tractor supply .... for
electrical fence wire .... i made my tunic out of 14 ga. galvanized spoil
and 3/8 and 1/2 metal rod to spin them around ....the spoil was about 25
bucks for 1/4 mile.. rod was 5 bucks ... 12 for mini bolt cutters... total
cost of my tunic was 40 bucks and then about 50 hours work of spinning
cutting and weaving .... for decoration armor you can use the aluminum wire
... stays shiny longer and does not weight as much ... can find smaller
spoils for jewelcrafting with by looking in wielding departments ... my
first wire jig was 3 2x4s forming a U then a C clamp to hold to end of
workbench and different sized holes to run the rods thru on the uprights
then bents the rods to have handle ... and drillered a hole to put the wire
into ... crank cut and repete till got enough .. i now spin my rings on 3
ft rods in a drill but this dangerous even with a jig ... do not attempt
with out understanding the risk .. seen broken fingers and chewed up hands

have any questions can call or text me at 972 261 8223

Felemid Macphail
MKA Mike Coone