[Northkeep] Call for Articles for the June Saga

Kathryn Helstrom kiamichikate at gmail.com
Mon May 28 14:28:01 PDT 2012

To the Gracious Inhabitants of the Jewel of the North:

The June issue of *The Nordic Saga* is being written and will be published
this week.  This missive is A CALL FOR ARTICLES, particularly concerning
Castellan and Crown Tournament.

Please send reports about what you saw at Castellan (something about the
Supermoon would be very appropriate, even if a little hazy through the eyes
of those affected by the Centurion Shot Bar).  Poems and prose about
fighters' prowess, and a list of submissions for Arts and Sciences...you
get the idea.

Articles concerning the special arrangements for the Crown Tournament would
also be good, especially the pavilion layout and troll and parking changes.
 Is it too early to publish the feast menu (even if only partially)?

This would be a good time to write an article about Manners and Etiquette.
 Royalty will be in attendance, and we could all use a review of SCA code
of behavior. (How do you know whether to call someone Sire, Highness,
Excellency, Master, Countess, etc.?  Curtseying, bowing, and especially
those little things we always forget.)  Suggestions for Largesse, what to
give, who to give it to, who NOT to give it to?

Humor is always welcome!  (Names can be changed to protect the guilty.)

Don't forget to include a release.  You can find it at
http://chronicler.ansteorra.org  If you have difficulty completing it or
attaching it, I can provide a paper one for you to sign at your convenience.

Good Writing!
Franziska von Locknitz
Northkeep Chronicler

--
Remember this: that there is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed
in the performance of every act of life.  --Marcus Aurelius