[Northkeep] anyone know how to fix bleach splatter on a tunic ?

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Mon May 7 13:52:23 PDT 2012

Before is goes much further, what's the fabric consist of?

Wool, cotton and silk will dissolve in bleach at different rates.

With most, if you use a very dilute amount, and as Talana said, go carefully.  Rinse and let the chlorine evaporate out often.

And yes, I said "dissolve".   If you see the bleach foaming, that's just the organic proteins as they are being eaten away.

M/d

I. Marc Carlson
Special Collections
McFarlin Library