[Northkeep] THANKS from Axeman VII

Tadhg ld_tadhg at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 10:36:41 PST 2012

Greetings,

I wanted to thank every one who helped this weekend...but I'm getting older and I know I can't remember every one (especially since it was most of the people at the event.)

However, I do want to shout out to those folks who were particularly important to the event running smoothly:
1) Thanks to Annabelle and her staff pulling off a great tavern throughout the event...yummy offerings;
2) Thanks to Kathleen and company for keeping gate going even after the wind forced it to re-locate inside;
3) Thanks to Alix for running the 2nd Annual Cooking Collegium...always a pleasure to see new faces interested in period cooking;

4) Thanks to Sir Wilhelm for putting together a rocking Axeman Tourney and War College...I'm sorry I didn't have time to do more than watch a couple;
5) Thanks to Christian for dragging rapier back 700 years for the sheer joy of the trip...and I still want a copy of the script/scenario;
6) Thanks to Owen for stepping in and pulling off a great Youth Chivalric tourney...there is definitely skill and excitement coming through the ranks;
7) Thanks to Ulrich for running a fine shoot in spite of knee-high grass and an Oklahoma breeze;
8) Thanks to Vincenti for looking after the Knife, Axe, and Spear...I'm sorry to say it is one of the activities I didn't get to see at all;
9) Thanks to Soifra for taking care of A&S...it was a great turn-out and job well done;

10) Thanks to Aderyn for running a fine bardic...with my apologies for not lasting past the first round--price of a long day.

Also, to a few who definitely performed above and beyond the call...whether digging fire pits (Eli and Abe for outdoor cooking; Forrester Wilhelm for the bardic fire), working a tremendous portion of the gate shifts (Aldric, Meadb, and Tomas) or waterbearing (young Bradley--your Grandpa would be PROUD!!)...I cannot express enough my thanks in your tireless help.

I hope everyone at Axeman enjoyed themselves...and my sympathies to those who missed it.

Regards,
Tadhg
...brick by brick