[Northkeep] Recruitment ideas

Jerry Herring jherring68 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:19:00 PST 2013

A couple of years ago I tried to mend bridges with the owner of the
Muskogee Fair and it did not go well. He wanted the SCA to be treated like
his employees and was not going to allow duct taped weapons, etc, etc.The
owner of the Muskogee Fair simply does not like the SCA after a butting of
heads from several years ago, and his restrictions on how and what we would
be allowed to do if we were allowed to be present make it not feasible to
do any kind of SCA related demo.

There certainly are other options though for putting on a demo. Tokyo in
Tulsa which is really starting to take off in popularity as a Cosplay\Anime
convention and the Trek Expo are both great opportunities. Does anyone know
of any other gaming\comic book\Sci-fy conventions in the Tulsa area?

Kindly
Ian