[Northkeep] Istanpitta was AMAZING

Adalia adalia.nyx at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 09:33:08 PST 2013

Last night was the Istanpitta concert (Thanks Ulrich for turning us onto
this)!!!

WOW!!!  Can I just say WOW!!  The instruments were beautiful, the soloists
voice was off the charts...

They performed music from the Cantigas de Santa Maria and while this
manuscript and songs therein were written and performed in Portuguese, they
told the related stories in English with humor and grace and were very very
entertaining.  We will definitely be going to see this group again in the
future...

There were also several other Northkeepers in attendance:  Perrin, Jehanna,
Karl, Toinette, Geoffrey, Jutte, Ulrich and myself...many of us in garb
spent a goodly amount of time explaining who the SCA is and what it does.

There were even some people out that we haven't seen in some time.  Ldy
Anawyn, Master Michael (and his family)...

What a GREAT time...

Oh, and the group even brought their instruments to the reception after the
concert to that the audience  could get up close and see them in action...

Again, it was an amazing time!!!

--
HL Adalia VonderBerg

The 3 C's of life - Choice, Chance, Change
You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.