[Northkeep] Mile wide

Rebecca Minton rebeccaj_bragg at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 19:36:12 PDT 2013

I know that for many of us, the wounds of the Moore tornado are still fresh, but if you're interested in watching it, The Discovery channel is airing a special right now (9pm Wednesday) called Mile Wide. It's a documentary primarily about Moore, but is also about this years Central Oklahoma tornadoes in general. It is meant to be a tribute to those who succumbed to it's wrath, and to show the rest of the nation the fighting spirit and strength of it's survivors. The guide search says it will air again tonight at 11pm, but wasn't found for the rest of the week. I'm recording it in the DVR to burn to DVD later, and I'm sure it can be found online somewhere if you miss it. It shows a lot of information and footage that we never saw on the news, including the accidental video recording of the "birth" of the massive funnel that devastated the town, security camera footage, and heroic rescue efforts. Just thought you might like to see it.

     Rebecca