[Northkeep] Status Update - Lady Cicily's House Fire

S L Hackworth slhack at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 10 06:37:05 PDT 2013

Greetings,

I was reminded yesterday that I have not posted a status update on my family after our house fire.  We have found a temporary place to live where we will probably be renting for 6 months while they rebuild the burned portion of the house and paint and restore the rest of the house that was damaged by smoke.  We are still taking smoke damaged furniture and household items out of the house and cleaning them ourselves because we are under-insured.

The community of Tahlequah and our SCA friends have been very generous with their time and donations of food and clothing, and you have my heartfelt thanks.  I have been asked whether my garb and other SCA items were destroyed by the fire and I can happily report that the door to the enclosed porch where I sew and store most of my SCA items was closed and was not damaged by smoke or water.  My camping items were in storage.  The fire mainly affected my mundane belongings.

Many people have asked if they can help.  We can absolutely use the help, but I understand that most of you live quite a distance away from us.  Right now we need strong backs and busy hands to take items out of the house and clean them.  We'll be doing this for some weeks.  If you wish to help you can just show up at the burned house at 350 Academy Street, Tahlequah, OK or our rental house at 715 Oklahoma Avenue, Tahlequah.  Both houses are close to NSU.  There will be someone at both houses working to de-smoke :).

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.  We were very fortunate that no member of the family (including our pets) was injured in the fire.  Everything else is replaceable.

I probably won't be able to attend any more SCA events this summer and into the fall, but I'll probably see most of you at the winter events.  I still plan to be at the Tahlequah meetings if you'd like to travel here on the 2nd Sunday (2PM) or 4th Saturday (11AM), there are lots of touristy events occurring in Tahlequah on the weekends.

I have limited access to the internet, so please do not be offended if it takes me a long time to answer your e-mail.  If you'd like to contact me by phone, please feel free to call or text (I do not have internet on my phone).  My phone number is (918) 457-0270.

Yours in service,

Lady Cicily Bridges