[Northkeep] Timeline for Baronial candidates

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner BurgBorrendohl at valornet.com
Sat Mar 9 05:44:05 PST 2013

OK.   I'm willing to risk excommunication about this.   And before I
launch into my rant please know that Muirenn is not the target of my
indignation. (And although I say this, I'm sure someone will interpret
it as such.)

Doesn't anyone else have a problem with only four days between finding
out who the candidates are and having to vote for them? The various
members of the Barony don't have the time to speak with or discuss the
choice openly?  Does no one else see this is as a recipe for much
badness?    Or is the succession already determined and the rest only a
formality?  What are the plans for those unable to attend the polling
meeting?

This is NOT the SCA as I have known!   Where is the respect for the
"ideals, and traditions"?   Or is it a bleed down effect of 'emperium
compound'?  "OH the BOD, the BOD, the BOD, they think they're god,
they're god, they're god..."   Much better another month before the
polling and announcement than this rush to judgement.

Most of you know me and know I am not a conspiracy theorist but
really...   I've seen the best and the worst of SCA politics, policy,
etc. and this has much the smell of the latter and none of the former.

THIS IS NOT RIGHT!

Damon