[Northkeep] Tahlequah Meeting on Saturday, March 23 and future meetings in Tahlequah

Shirley Hackworth slhack at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 19 10:33:37 PDT 2013

Greetings,

	I will be out of town on Saturday.  Saturday meetings are currently
scheduled to occur in Tahlequah on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays, which would
include this Saturday.  However, since there is a Northkeep Revel scheduled
for Saturday, I am cancelling the Tahlequah meeting.  I send a text message
to all of the people who have been attending meetings in Tahlequah
encouraging them to attend the Revel if possible.  I'm so sorry that I am
unable to attend.
	I am really excited to announce a slight change in the SCA meeting
occurring in Tahlequah (a group that I am calling a satellite of the Barony
of Northkeep.)  We have been meeting on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each
month at the Tahlequah Public Library and Sequoyah Park.  We will continue
to meet on the 4th Saturdays of each month from 11AM-1PM, but will
discontinue meeting on the 2nd Saturdays of each month.
	During April and May we will meet on the 2nd Sundays of the month in
a new location at a new time.  On April 14th and May 12th we will meet in
the Ferguston Building at the United Methodist Children's Home in Tahlequah.
The United Methodist Children's Home is located at 1 Mathes Park Drive.  If
you need directions, please contact me at (918) 457-0270.
	Our Sunday meetings will begin at 2PM.  From 2 PM until 5 PM we will
offer classes and participate in Arts and Sciences activities inside the
Feguston Building.  On April 14th I will offer a class in smocking (or
embroidery on pleats).  On May 12th I will offer a class in blackwork
embroidery.  There will also be charters and paint for anyone who would like
to try their hand at illumination.  All other Arts and Science activities
are welcome, please bring what you are working on and share it with the
group.  Outside, on the lawn heavy fighters, rapier fighters and archers are
invited to meet.  If marshals are present all properly equipped individuals
may participate in chivalric activities, waivers will be provided.  If no
marshal is present, SCA members may demonstrate techniques to any visitors
who may be present.
	At 5PM we will begin setting up for a pot-luck feast.  Everyone is
encouraged to bring their favorite foods, feast gear and heraldic banners if
they have them.  We will decorate the dining room and hold a "feast" in
pot-luck style (no servers).  Any and all Bards are invited to attend and we
will enjoy their stories, songs, dancing and music.
	I hope that some of the rest of the Northkeep crowd will be able to
come out for one of both of these activities.  I hope that our friends from
Calontir and Gleann Abhann will also join us.

YIS,

Cicily