[Northkeep] missile report and gratuitous missive : )

Ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Tue Mar 5 15:28:35 PST 2013

greetings

it would seem in the rush to prepare for war , the internet ate the missile report for this month : (
but have no fear , the ocd deputy missile marshal keeps copies " for just such occasions  "  ( paraphrased  without the roosters permission : )

besides, it gives me the opportunity to forward the other internet eaten email = )

so please find attached both the missile report and the castellan post , made on a different  day ; )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
greetings

NorthKeep is warming up and with warm weather comes the return of the archers ... well that's the way it normally works, but mother nature seems confused this year,
one day it's great, and the next it's frozen , so people can't plan in advance : (
While we have had our normal attendees on most Sundays. mundane obligations and other practices popping up on Sundays in preparation for war ,
seems to have kept a lot of new archers away from the regularly scheduled Sunday practices.
but there have been a couple of brave  people come and check out the missile ranges.
WELCOME ALL YOU NEW ARCHERS  !!  (Yes that includes all those people that have been playing for years, but just now finding archery / thrown weapons = )
from the comments made on the range we need to plan a bolt and arrow making day sometime soon . any ideas on when would be convenient for the most people ?
as my back and time has allowed , I have been clearing the area behind the new thrown weapons targets , to make it easier to retrieve equipment from missed throws .
for those wanting to learn to make bows , don't forget that OJAM " Oklahoma selfbow jamboree " is going on march 21 -24 on the rutters farm near Perkins ok. for more info, call me or look up  OJAM  online = )
I'm told that it will be after war this year, but it IS during at least some of the local schools spring break.
stay warm everyone = )

Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
Arthur
Deputy Baronial Missile Marshal
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
greetings

We, the Best Barony in the Kingdom ,
Do hereby invite one and all to the upcoming  NorthKeep Castellan Event  !!
the Best Event in the Kingdom     ( Ok, so we may be just a little bit biased  : )
May 17 through May 19
at the Will Rogers Scout Camp , just west of Cleveland , OK.

The individual titles for the Castellan competitions are:

           CASTELLAN

  a.. Drighton.  A heavy weapons "meatgrinder" competition.
  b.. Provost.  A light weapons competition where the format varies from year to year.
  c.. Marksman.  A thrown weapons competition, where the format can vary.
  d.. Archer. A Modified Royal Round competition.
  e.. Title Bard.  A bardic competition, usually a challenge format.
  f.. Artisan.   An Arts & Sciences competition scored with the standard Ansteorran A&S judging forms
There is also a Youth Castellan title.
with other youth competitions as well.

Great Competitions , Friendly People, a Great Site, and Feastocrats Known all over the place for good food, how could you possibly go wrong with a combination like that ??

but if you need more reasons to attend , check out our web page  http://web.northkeep.ansteorra.org/castellan-1  or check the link on the kingdom calendar    http://calendar.ansteorra.org/    .

Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
Arthur