[Northkeep] State of the Investiture address

KeiganGDH at aol.com KeiganGDH at aol.com
Sat May 25 13:06:32 PDT 2013

June 15, the church in Broken Arrow where we have wInterkingdom

Keigan
Baroness

Friendship isn't about whom
you have known the  longest,
but about who came and
never left your side.

In a message dated 5/25/2013 3:03:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
catmafia03 at gmail.com writes:

I've  been trying to follow what is planned; but my memory has been
having  issues.  What is the date and location for this event?
Susan

On  5/24/13, Rebecca Minton <rebeccaj_bragg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
> necessary. I'm only on  this one list and still so new to the kingdom
that I
> don't know how  site booklets are typically done here so I need to
delegate
> that to  someone who does. Somebody who is eloquent and well connected
would
> be  great for this job.
>
> Head Troll: I don't know if troll is  automatically the Reeve's department
> here or not. In GA, event  officers are most often completely different
from
> group officers, I  make no assumptions here and if Judy has this part
> handled, then  that's great. However, I don't want to dump it in her lap
> without  asking her. Either way, the head troll will need volunteers to
help
>  out. Since it's a one day, I don't know how many people we will need or
how
> many "shifts" per say, but I'm guessing about  3-4ish.
>
> Waterbearers: Not necessarily waterbearing on the  field like we're used
to,
> but someone who can keep the coolers stocked  for the people outside, take
> drinks and such to the stationary staff  like troll, and take lunch to
their
> majesties and our 2 sets of  Baronets.
>
> Hall Steward: This gentle would essentially be one  running the main hall.
> They would assemble a team of feast servers,  whatever entertainment is
> planned during feast, and possibly set out a  few period(ish) games on
some
> of the tables. (If anyone has things  like a 9 man morris board, or would
> like to play period card or table  top games, please feel free to bring

> them). The hall steward would  coordinate with the brute crew when it's
time
> to arrange the tables  for feast, etc.
>
> Site heralds: This should be self explanatory.  Need about 3-4 people with
> good lungs.
>
> Royal Liaison:  Someone to work with their majesties and take care of
their
>  minor needs, and to communicate greater needs to the appropriate staff
>  member.
>
> I am also in need of some minstrels or musicians. If  you know of anyone
or
> have SERIOUS suggestions, please let me  know.
>

> Here are some things I am NOT planning on  doing:
>
> Merchanting. This is meant to be a laid back event for  everyone, and a
lot
> of times merchants never get to participate in the  event because they
have
> to man their booths. Lets not worry with  booths, tables, tax
verifications,
> and such. Let's just have a good  time. Yes, I have authorized the bake
sale,
> but as I understand it,  that's a fundraiser for the barony.
>
> Additional fundraisers.  The bake sale is fine, and it always does well.
You
> may have noticed  the lunch menu above. Lunch is included with the troll
fee.
> It was  part of the original bid and budget, the feastocrat is putting it
>  together, and site/feast prices were adjusted accordingly. We are not
>  planning a formal sit down lunch, so she prepared something easily
portable
> that can be eaten at a table, outside, or anywhere food is  allowed.
>
> All day children's activities. I am not asking anyone  to spend all day
with
> the children or running a track of children's  classes. There is a
children's
> track of the A&S blitz, but  parental supervision may be required at the
> discretion of the gentle  running it.
>

> I will be on site until their own cleaning  crew arrives to ensure that
> everything is clean to their standards,  and that we prevent and
> misunderstandings about the state of the  building. Basically, I'll go
room
> to room with them to make sure our  reports are the same.
> This is a hugely long post, so if you would like  to reply to it, please
trim
> the post by cutting out all previous text  below your reply. This will
help
> avoid confusion and make it easier to  read.
>    Thanks A Million!!!
>        Rebecca

Northkeep  mailing  list
Northkeep at lists.ansteorra.org