[Northkeep] Castellan Location

Adalia adalia.nyx at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 06:53:30 PDT 2014

Your Excellencies, I vote for in front of the hall.

Please keep in mind as you read this list that its only my perception.  I
certainly have not measured distances...

Last year, sitting out at the fort, I felt like we were miles away from
privvies, camp (for food and snacks -- and I camped behind the hall), and I
had to miss way more of the tournament in order to go view the A&S
competition.

It's safe to say that I felt "trapped" by the location of the tournament.
 If I wanted to watch the tournament (which many of us do).  I simply
couldn't go anywhere.  If it had been in front of the hall, any errand that
I wanted to run (with the exception of a privvy run) would have kept me
within earshot and, most of the time, line of sight to the tournaments.
 Lastly, if the weather is oppressively warm (like we've known it to be at
Castellan), the last thing I'm going to want is a giant wind break all the
way around me.

While I vote for the tournaments to occur in front of the hall, I think it
should be made clear that I vote for ALL of the tournaments to be held in
front of the hall.  Mooneschadowe had room up near the parking lot to run
an archery range (so there's no need to push archery back to nether reaches
either).  I propose we do something similar.

I'm not proposing that we abandon the fort.  I'm merely proposing that
Castellan's schedule is already full.  I'm not aware of any plans to add
anything Melee style to the event.  The fort, however wonderful, is
designed for melee.   It's also a GREAT place for our evening revel.  Throw
open the gates and lets have a PARRRRTY after court!

Just my 2 cents.
Adalia

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:54 PM, Arthur Blackmoon <ld.blackmoon at cox.net>wrote:

> greetings
>
> i am of two minds on this question.
> one part says close to the fort so that all of the activities are within
> view and a short walk of each other.
> one part says use the fort for melee combat ( including c.a. and siege ).
> but since castellan already has a full schedule without adding warfare to
> the schedule,
> i think i would vote for close to the fort : )
>
> be safe, be happy, have fun
> Arthur
>

> On 3/31/2014 10:31 AM, Baroness Montega wrote:
>
>> Last year we had the list field behind the hall by the fort instead of in
>> front of the hall. If you care to, would you all weigh in on what side of
>> the hall you like better and why. We just want to get a general opinion.
>> Thanks!!
>> HE Montega
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

HL Adalia VonderBerg

*I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the
length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.* ~Diane Ackerman