[Northkeep] Slightly Off Topic

Alexandre Crane alexandroscrane at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 09:21:18 PDT 2014

Bonjour Northkeep, mon Barronie,

I know this same pitch has been parroted around a lot lately but I would
like to take this situational opportunity to re-enforce it.

$23 ($42.85 value) for one-day general admission to Tulsa Comic Con on
Friday, November 7, 2014 -
http://www.amazon.com/local/tulsa/B00O5HUT7I?ref_=site_more&cid=site_more&pf_rd_m=A241ULIEU6HEKS&pf_rd_t=35221&pf_rd_s=merchandising-2&pf_rd_r=0DY9EDME9X7XZCQG1KEN&pf_rd_i=tulsa&pf_rd_p=1814961382

I invite everyone who has the money to spare and time to give, to find
which day of the convention that works best for them and pick up one of
these deals. The Con is sure to be fun for everyone involved and any time
that you can donate to the Baronial Booth or to the Combat
Demonstration(which, last I heard was sorely lacking in fighters on both
fields) directly assists not just the Barony but the Society as a whole as
this will be a national-level convention. As we've mentioned previously,
Tokyo in Tulsa is not only (mostly) strictly an anime convention but a
relatively small one for anyone who has been to a convention such as any of
the ComicCons, GenCons or DragonCon. The pool from which we can draw new
life for the Barony and the Society, with this demo opportunity, is deep.

I even invite those who feel you may not be the best with speaking to or
meeting new people or those who may not be as active in the Barony as you
may enjoy due to life constraints as the passion you hold for this game
will shine through; I speak on this subject from first hand experience.
Passion for the game and the joy extracted from participation is infectious
and tends to spread like wildfire when willingly shown to others. I have
often found and expressed that the greatest cure for a shy mind is an
passionate heart as your desire to share what you have found and clung to,
be it in life, Society or other hobby, will flow from your lips like water
from a spring (often when you least expect it). Even in my bleakest hours,
there is still passion, I still have nothing but good things to say about
this "game" we play and I hope it still shines through.

I often repeat one of my mantras of "We are all Hospitallers." That is a
short version of what I feel.

We are all Hospitallers. We are all mutually invested in this organization.
We all hold a responsibility to make it better. We all hold the tools to do
just that: Ourselves.

In faith, service and unexpected passion,
Lord Alexandre Crane
Squire to Lord Alexandre Crane

P.S. I apologize my "Hey, everyone should go to ComicCon and help out"
turned into a tirade.