[Northkeep] Off Topic, but On Topic?

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah zubeydah at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 07:33:20 PDT 2015

As a member of the Armour Archive, I have the fun of seeing what SCA and
Living History folks are doing all over, and there is a worthy bunch of
Viking raiders who could use your help.

The Longship Company (http://longshipco.org/) is a registered non-profit
educational group that maintains a Viking Longship, south of the the
Washington DC area. (Personally, I don't know how they manage to withhold
the impulse to go a-Viking there..) They do a lot of educational work, with
local schools, Boy Scout troops, etc. They don't just sail up the Potomac
in their hugely awesome boat...

They've been having to store their longship under a tattered, sad,
now-mostly-duct-tape shelter for several years, and the shelter is about to
give out. They are currently hosting an indiegogo campaign to raise funds
for a new shelter.

If you'd like to help out some really awesome folks, please consider
visiting their campaign.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/winter-shelter-for-our-viking-longship

thanks,

Zubeydah