[Northkeep] Winterkingdom Largesse Derby!

amanda hall amanda.c.hall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 11:54:30 PST 2015

Largesse: An item given to someone as a token of esteem. Usually a bead,
jewelry, or other small item.

I want to take a minute and remind everyone that Winterkingdom and our
Largesse Derby is coming up incredibly fast! January is coming up so
quickly!!!
Here's my blurb: Entrants will make a half dozen of any one item- it can be
variations on an item- they don't all have to be identical. 6 bracelets, 6
necklaces, 6 needle cases, 6 period dolls, 6 hammered coins- I have even
seen really lovely spice kits donated! Anything that our amazing baron and
baroness can give out as largess is appropriate- so, nothing perishable. At
Winterkingdom, we will showcase these items and the populace will cast a
vote as to which is their favorite (typically with a bead or something
given with the site token.) We will tally the votes and the winner will
receive one item from each entry and the rest of the entries are donated to
the barony to use as largess. (Hint: you might want to set it up as you
would an A&S entry- people tend to gravitate toward stuff that has a pretty
display!) You don't need documentation other than just your name and what
the item is.
Last year, we had needle cases, viking hoods, hand carved spoons, and hand
printed decks of cards donated- just to name a few of the items. It was
really amazing. A bunch of these items went into Castellan Champion
baskets, so have been used. So let's donate even more to the barony this
year!
If you have ANY questions- please feel free to ask. you can email me at
moas at northkeep.ansteorra.org.

In Service,
Ysabeau Brossier
Northkeep A&S Minister